Friday, May 27, 2005

race weekend in charlotte

sitting at Charlotte Douglas Airport (CLT) waiting to get back to Des Moines via Chicago. Business was a success on this trip. Everytime I put myself out there on the line..in terms of challenging my knowledge...I end up w/a list of things to learn more about. Then I do it. I guess that's what makes me do OK in life. I'm really not afraid to learn anything and 12 months ago, I would not have been able to tell you jack about a D9 or a cold planer or security systems and gps tracking solutions for tractors, etc. etc. This 4 day stint involved driving about 700 miles...since airline connections would typically take at least 4 hours to get 200 miles...I drove around a big loop starting in charlotte, then salem va, then raleigh, then back to charlotte. being here feels a lot like being in CA (except it's green and they have deep fried cheesecake). there's traffic here, heavily centered around charlotte, etc. but they have it. a guy told me that it takes him 30 minutes to go 8 miles home. forget it. charlotte is OUT. more from the patio in des moines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home