Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Chillin' in the Hamptons (Inn)

Sitting here in at the Hampton Inn in Little Rock AR. Landed at 2PM but couldn't muster the energy to go to the Clinton Library. Ironically, I did find the energy to hit the local Cracker Barrell and eat a plate of Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy. Kind of ironic that like Clinton, I often find the time to eat greasy food instead of doing the more productive thing. However unlike Clinton, I'm not cavorting with interns or being deposed by a grand jury.

Everyone is nice is AR so far. They all say "yessir" and "yesmaam". That's nice and I want my kids to do that so I shall make it so.

I drove around and checked out the University. Airport was really small and for some reason, all cars in Little Rock are gone. I couldn't reserve one, so I got off the plane and went down the row, "got a car?" "bet you don't have a car". At National, which I called and check online 5x yesterday, the nice lady said, "I have a mini-van". I accepted and $100 later, I'm on the road feeling like a man with something to prove. Stretching every bit of those 6 cyclinders to their limit in an effort to not feel like a soccer mom.

About to begin a massive stretch of travel over the next 20 days or so. At least 10 days of it are with the family. After that, it's not. I hate being away but this stretch is really building momentum for our solution. Everyone I touch will become a lifelong customer of ours. (But I'm NOT in sales). "I tell people about our solution, and they buy it...there's no selling involved".

Just remember, being a nice guy that knows what he's talking about only goes so far. You need a bunch of asshole sales reps too. The kind that like getting kicked in the Jimmie 20 times so they get a big fat check.

Well, it's just me, a vending machine, and the history channel. Bye from Little Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home